Monday, May 20, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

A new server? Do we have time/money?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: A new server? Do we have time/money?

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: A new server? Do we have time/money? 12 years, 7 months ago #28526

~Well we do have 2 really inactive servers, as I'd consider the surf skills and the normal server inactive. If we had the time, and more 'technologically friendly' admins (with the know-how) then I'm sure it would be no problem. Just see if they are more popular then the current ones.

BUT it is a lot of work to put it just for a test...

Re: A new server? Do we have time/money? 12 years, 7 months ago #28530

• substick
  • Official TWK Admin
  • :P :P :P
Well maybe we should wait till the majority of us have a long holiday for people to set it up then we might be able to get some regulars on a server to populate

Re: A new server? Do we have time/money? 12 years, 7 months ago #28534

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
We have recently reinstalled all servers and re-jigged a few of the maps. The current line up is WCS, GGDM, SurfDM, and two new DM servers to replace the GG and SurfSkill servers. We have a DM D2 24/7 and a DM Glass server.

What we could do with atm is feedback on maps, config, etc to try and work these servers and get them running correctly. Any bad maps on any of the servers please let us know - or any recommended maps!

We know WCS is very popular and GGDM/SurfDM have their moments. We've reduced the SurfDM rotation to give fewer but more popular maps. GGDM could probably do with some TLC in the map department. The Glass DM is merely a test and would probably benefit from some more traditional DM maps (thoughts pleaseWink). Hopefully the DM D2 server will pick up in popularity (as it's a great server type to play on) now that we have the server hop advertisements (thank you Pooky!).

If the glass DM doesn't work out perhaps we could try an alternative server (mini-games/jb) in its place, but for the time being, let's see how this line up goes
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random
Last Edit: 12 years, 7 months ago by DreamState.
The following user(s) said Thank You: M3ntoz

Re: A new server? Do we have time/money? 12 years, 7 months ago #28538

• Chifilly
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Yes?
It's hard to find glass servers nowadays, and I love glass servers, so i'll definitely be having a go, but mixed in with DM is a bit odd I think. If everyone respawns and rounds don't end, there will never be any glass on the map, sooo, not really a glass map anymore, more of a "dodge the holes" map. I will also play the D2 DM (as I love any DM server )

Re: A new server? Do we have time/money? 12 years, 7 months ago #28539

New thread, seeming as this one has kinda derailed?

Re: A new server? Do we have time/money? 12 years, 7 months ago #28540

• M3ntoz
  • Administrator
  • Freshmaker!
Chifilly wrote:
It's hard to find glass servers nowadays, and I love glass servers, so i'll definitely be having a go, but mixed in with DM is a bit odd I think. If everyone respawns and rounds don't end, there will never be any glass on the map, sooo, not really a glass map anymore, more of a "dodge the holes" map. I will also play the D2 DM (as I love any DM server )
there is a forced round end. Problem fixed
Mr.Moo: Damn, Mentoz beat me to it -.-

Re: A new server? Do we have time/money? 12 years, 7 months ago #28541

Oh, and someone should probably update the home page xD

Re: A new server? Do we have time/money? 12 years, 7 months ago #28563

• Gimp
  • Official TWK Admin
glass map? is that like the breakfloor maps?
GIMP!!!

Re: A new server? Do we have time/money? 12 years, 7 months ago #28566

• M3ntoz
  • Administrator
  • Freshmaker!
yes
Mr.Moo: Damn, Mentoz beat me to it -.-

Re: A new server? Do we have time/money? 12 years, 4 months ago #30394

• tcrumpen
  • Senior Boarder
Not sure if my post is even valid as i'm not a twk clan member, but if you get a new server it should be a TF2 server as TF2 is now a big thing as it is now free, but if you still want another style of css server, i remember a while someone was talking to me about having like 5 different mods on the server and was able to change it through commands in the command console (don't ask me how it worked cos i don't know)
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds