(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Sad news..

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Sad news.. 14 years ago #11109

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
slaB wrote:
Your AV should have been disabled when you disabled all services (except the microsoft ones).

My AV has inbuilt firewall. If I shut it off my firewall goes down aswell. Gonna play some tomorrow and see if my Deepguard thing worked or not. But this is a weird problem, cause each time it has kicked me I directly check what programs are running etc. and the B.exe file is running just fine.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: Sad news.. 14 years ago #11110

• slaB
  • Administrator
Change AV, also dont use both Windows Firewall + AV firewall (if you are).

Re: Sad news.. 14 years ago #11119

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
After some tweaking and frustrating and checking the steam forum I think I finaly found the solution!!! In the last patch they added so that each time you spawn it writes your weapon setup into a file on your computer. For some reason it does it several times wich causes some AV programs to slow it down since they scan it each time. So I made sure my AV doesnt scan that file and the B.exe file in PB and, so far, I have had no problems with it. YAY!!!
So hopefully I can play this game now again.

Sadly our server isnt as popular anymore. Its not full at all now..
So Im mostly playing on TV2s servers..

Re: Sad news.. 14 years ago #11131

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Johannicus wrote:
Sadly our server isnt as popular anymore. Its not full at all now..
So Im mostly playing on TV2s servers..

What can we do to rectify that? Think we've been the victim of loads of bloody bugs and lack of time to keep on top of the resolutions/updates Different maps, gameplay?
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: Sad news.. 14 years ago #11137

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
DreamState wrote:
What can we do to rectify that? Think we've been the victim of loads of bloody bugs and lack of time to keep on top of the resolutions/updates Different maps, gameplay?

And not to forget now you have browsing by country so most US players left...

You guys think changing gameplay type? Maybe rush is more popular? maybe not all the maps?
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Sad news.. 14 years ago #11138

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
Maybe remove the spaces in the beginning so people can easily search for it. Add our tag to the beginning so that people who se our players on other servers recognize it.
Those times I do join our server it usualy comes additional players but not many. I think the reason is that many players use the filter to not show empty servers.

Maybe something like this:

-TWK- TWKgaming.com CQ ALL
or
TWKgaming.com CQ ALL
or
TWK CQ ALL

On the subject of wich maps to have or not have. I have only seen servers with only 1 map 24/7 where the same has more servers with the other choices. There is only one map I dislike and its the one thats near a dam, dont know its name. I only play conquest so I dont know wich mode that is most popular. I always try and play on our server if possible but its hard to be the first player and run around doing nothing, especialy now that they removed scores when less than 4 players )

Re: Sad news.. 14 years ago #11158

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Spaces in the server name is what got our server top ranked...

Re: Sad news.. 14 years ago #11186

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
Tunes wrote:
Spaces in the server name is what got our server top ranked...

Didnt know that, anyway noticed some things when playing on another server.
I dont know if this is on all servers now but when I joined Battlefield Gotland:s server and when I spawned for the first time I got some messages in the center of my screen like this:

[Guardian]Welcome Johannicus, hope you enjoy your stay!

A few sec later I got these.
[Guardian] No Baserape
[Guardian] Play fair

Is this something we got aswell and if so maybe we should add something similar to when people spawn for the first time? To make them feel welcome and to state some basic rules.

Another thing I noticed about our server is that if I join it in the morning, when US players are active, people join almost instantly and its full within a half hour. When I join it in the evening, when most European players are online, it takes forever to get atleast 4 players. I think the reason our server aint so full anymore is that our server is popular in the states, or the game has more players so its easier to fill.

And on the subject why I play on other servers mostly is that I have started to like hardcore more and more, especially the desert maps.

Re: Sad news.. 14 years ago #11187

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
The welcome messages and stuff its done with an external admin tool that needs to run all the time connected to the server on a separate windows machine, i dont have my pc running all the time at home so cant do it myself...

There are others (Van to name one) that only play Hardcore mode. Again, maybe we need to adapt to what the community enjoys? What do you say we try out Hardcore mode?
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Sad news.. 14 years ago #11199

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
There are 2 versions of hardcore mode out there:

1) Where everything is like on normal exept hardcore mode is on.

2) Where everything is off, exept Ranked,PB and autobalance ofc

I dont know exactly what just hardcore mode does exept you get only 50hp instead of 100. IF we do like in 1 we can keep our current server name. If we do like in 2 we need to add HARDCORE or HC after the server name.

Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds