BC2 mixed mode MAP including/excluding
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: BC2 mixed mode MAP including/excluding

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

BC2 mixed mode MAP including/excluding 14 years ago #11690

• slaB
  • Administrator
I want to have our server running mixed mode, exchanging between CONQUEST and RUSH. It'll exchange mode between each map with no complications, just a normal map change. For this to work, one of us have to run BC2 Guardian constantly/very often.

What maps do you want to exclude or include? I was thinking of originaly start out with all maps and then exclude whatever maps you want to be excluded (after discussing it obv).
Here are the maps listed with images:
planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/View.php?v...ail&id=310" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My opinion.
Exclude: Laguna Alta, Atacama Desert and possibly Nelson Bay.

PS, I also had a little chat with a guy from KillerCreation (server provider):

<slaB> !support This is about Bad Company 2 servers. There is obv a map cycle text file on the BC2 server or something similar. Is it possible to run Mixed modes variating between CONQUEST and RUSH? I know it's possible with i.e. BC2 Guardian (remote admin tool), but this tool has to be on at all times if it is to work (when its off, the default map cycle is enabled). Any solutions?

<@Justin^> hi slaB

<@Justin^> its not possible via the maplist.txt file, the only way is via an rcon tool

<slaB> Do you know of any upcoming solutions?

<@Justin^> yeah, wolfcon server will be out fairly soon

<@Justin^> we're currently testing it out with a few customers and hope to be offering it soon

<@Justin^> it's basically wolfcon but a perm solution

Yey. I'm going to use Wolfcon as an admin tool from now on as it's bascially got the same options as BC2 Guardian.

Re: BC2 mixed mode MAP including/excluding 14 years ago #11696

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
Bad opinion imho!
Removing all my fav maps!!
Currently I only play Atacama Desert and Laguna Alta if possible.
But Im up for a split between Rush and Conquest if people want it.

Im also voting for removing Kill cam.

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: BC2 mixed mode MAP including/excluding 14 years ago #11699

• Tin
  • Official TWK Admin
i 2nd kill cam and dual map type! :p
I am the tart of TWK, accept no subsitute!!

Re: BC2 mixed mode MAP including/excluding 14 years ago #11702

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
That guy from killer is actually the owner...

So yeah, as we had discussed the only issue with it is to have it on all the time.

I think we need to have something done to the server, its been empty for ages, and if changing means bringing people on then lets do it.

I was afraid that it would have issues with PB but it seems PB is ok atm. I just wonder what happened for it to empty.

Also, what you guys think of hardcore? I know that ppl like Vandricko only play hardcore mode, maybe we could try it? aim for the hard edged fans?

I have removed Kill Cam
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: BC2 mixed mode MAP including/excluding 14 years ago #11710

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
I think the main reason we have a empty server is because nobody or atleast very few knows about us in the Battlefield community. I think we need to either invite some BC2 clan/community to some friendly matches or hold some regular competition/matches that we somehow spread along the community. What do you guys think?

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.
  • Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds