Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tactics.

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Tactics. 13 years, 9 months ago #13615

• eskimo
  • Official TWK Admin
Johannicus wrote:
The only way that I see a Reaper rush being a good tactic is if the enemy has walled in and you noticed it early. When me, Tin and Eski played I survived 3 reaper rushes with around 10 reapers in each. All I had in defense was a tower and some zerglings.

they had shite micro, and weren't kiting them around. They should of taken out alot of drones tbh.
what does bigamy mean? One wife too many. What does monogamy mean? The same f*****g thing

http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/777811-1.png?1283343228

Re: Tactics. 13 years, 9 months ago #13618

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
Gazza wrote:
There is no point talking about whos tactic is better than whos, every single tactic has its strengths and weaknesses and most games come down to who has the best micro, and who can scout. Anyone who goes into a game and has 1 set tactic throughout the whole game isnt doing it properly. who wants to zerglings spam agianst collosi. So arguing about the effectiveness of a tactic makes you nothing more than a dumbass!

Bitches just got served

thats absolutely not true. For one ur definition "COULD" be only true in perfect balance, and admit it now, its not perfect.

And second some tactics are by definition "easier" than other which require for example more micro but would be more efficient.
PS: even in sc1, the winners werent ppl with highest APM (after a certain amount it stops being influential)

Re: Tactics. 13 years, 9 months ago #13620

• vapour
  • Official TWK Admin
protip:
TvP = ghosts

marines + emp > void rays
M3ntoz: ty for thrusting me.

Re: Tactics. 13 years, 9 months ago #13630

• Tin
  • Official TWK Admin
lol vp anyone who plays terran knows to get ghosts vs protos just silly inot too, but ive never tried them on voids :S
I am the tart of TWK, accept no subsitute!!

Re: Tactics. 13 years, 9 months ago #13631

• Gazza
  • Official TWK Admin
liger wrote:

thats absolutely not true. For one ur definition "COULD" be only true in perfect balance, and admit it now, its not perfect.

And second some tactics are by definition "easier" than other which require for example more micro but would be more efficient.
PS: even in sc1, the winners werent ppl with highest APM (after a certain amount it stops being influential)

Im sorry, but if you play agianst someone who knows what they are doing and scouting how they react is much more important than there original gameplan. That is RTS common sense. Also Micro is what wins fights, once you get past the stage or running all your units in and firing what you can. Even microing your economy when in combat is important. It seperates the pros and the noobs and im a noob btw. Its the reason why we can copy the pros strategys/tactics yet were not pro?

Re: Tactics. 13 years, 9 months ago #13632

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
let me explain what i ment. Yes every tactic has its counter and u should scout to adjust ur army to counter the opponent. However, what i ment is that u can follow a tactic which even though u get the theoretical counter, its not at all "easy" to defend. Why? Because to counter u would require a lot more micro for example.
To counter a well mixed terran army with zerg u require a whole lot more skill to win while terran can pretty much do a-move
havent seen many replays yet, so only this comes to mind
www.gosugamers.net/starcraft2/replays/35080" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds