(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Manga Bible

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

The Manga Bible 15 years, 2 months ago #4200

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Interesting ..

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8054105.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: The Manga Bible 15 years, 2 months ago #4201

• HBW
  • Expert Boarder
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.......seriously?

I bet the pope is pissed at that guy

That guy says that he has cut out all of the 'boring bits', but the entire point of the bible is those bits. It's the morals and the story not Jesus the action hero, reminds me of........

1pjm0jna

It might seem stupid but he's basically just done the exact same thing, it's a proud day for christianity.

I love how at the end they show them all in RE with their hands up like...yeeeeeeah now that the bible is cool i totally get it, religion is aaaaaaawesome and we all learnt so much from it that we can all answer this totally unscripted question

Re: The Manga Bible 15 years, 2 months ago #4202

• slaB
  • Administrator
He "cut out the boring bits", that sounds very wrong. I mean, it's the bible and shouldn't be changed so that it gives out the wrong message (although a lot of ppl already have gotten it all wrong)

Re: The Manga Bible 15 years, 2 months ago #4207

• eskimo
  • Official TWK Admin
i think it is a good idea.... For all of those non cristians or non religious people it is very boring learning about The Bible. This will allow people to understand it without having to read it properly when not really wanting to. Great idea !
what does bigamy mean? One wife too many. What does monogamy mean? The same f*****g thing

http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/777811-1.png?1283343228

Re: The Manga Bible 15 years, 2 months ago #4208

• slaB
  • Administrator
Say whaat...
So it would be, "WOW, it's so much action in this bible, a lot of violence and loads of crazy happenings! Being a christian must be freaking great, lots of cool stuff will happen!!!"
That's the WRONG picture.

Re: The Manga Bible 15 years, 2 months ago #4210

• eskimo
  • Official TWK Admin
yeah but at the moment its kinda like there forcing a religion on you, at least this way it will be kinda fun and not totally boring. I think my learning experiences in R.E. will be alot different to anyone else's unless they live in a very multicultural environment. My school haven't taught me about Christianity yet as we have covered Judaism, Sikhism, Hinduism and currently learning of the Islamic religion. All abit boring tbh, i don't know if Norway learn as many religions beliefs but its boring as hell and tbh id rather just learn the big bang theory... plus the show beats all !
what does bigamy mean? One wife too many. What does monogamy mean? The same f*****g thing

http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/777811-1.png?1283343228

Re: The Manga Bible 15 years, 2 months ago #4213

eskimo wrote:
yeah but at the moment its kinda like there forcing a religion on you, at least this way it will be kinda fun and not totally boring. I think my learning experiences in R.E. will be alot different to anyone else's unless they live in a very multicultural environment. My school haven't taught me about Christianity yet as we have covered Judaism, Sikhism, Hinduism and currently learning of the Islamic religion. All abit boring tbh, i don't know if Norway learn as many religions beliefs but its boring as hell and tbh id rather just learn the big bang theory... plus the show beats all !

You've either just suggested 'The Big Bang Theory' is in itself a religion or you've used it as a representation for science. There I'd say science and religion do not have to be seperate, you'll find that most scientists are in fact Christians. Christians are often giving explanations as to how science and religion do not contradict one another, more specifically they say that God created the Big Bang (and so on).

RE, or 'RS' (religious studies), is just the same for everyone in the UK, we all have to learn about the religions you stated above. I understand how you could find the dramatisation of the Bible in such a fashion appealing, but it can be done for all religions. Each religion has its own fables, tales, stories including tests of faith, punishments, miracles... I personally believe that's all they are, stories. Stories which have a moral undertone used to give an example of how to behave. The story itself is not the important part, it's whether or not you've understood what it's trying to tell you.

So, it's not about pretty pictures and drama, you can't polish a turd and I'm yet to be proven wrong.
Always going in for the kill; just doing it for the thrill.

Re: The Manga Bible 15 years, 2 months ago #4216

• HBW
  • Expert Boarder
sorry but.....i proved u wrong
1unx8fer

Re: The Manga Bible 15 years, 2 months ago #4217

• slaB
  • Administrator
Well, I don't really care about what they do, I think religion is one of the greatest sources of conflict in this world. And I don't really understand why anyone can believe that there is someone watching over us, and that Messiah will return etc.

Re: The Manga Bible 15 years, 2 months ago #4218

• HBW
  • Expert Boarder
Wooooah, hold yours horses there cpt. atheist , I'm not particularly religious but it's not the bible that causes conflict, it's basically just a book of morals mixed in with some over the top storytelling. It's not the bible that is the cause of violence it's people misinterpreting it or just misreading or taking only small snippets of the whole meaning. People will always cause violence, some people just hide behind the 'will of god'

• Page:
Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds