TOPIC: Windows 7 all the way!

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Windows 7 all the way! 14 years, 9 months ago #8403

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
fresh install
saving to desktop
@ds
thats exactly it, u dont get that when saving to "nooby" folders which ms predifined, like pictures, etc (in ur user map)
ive read some and it seems one (only?) solution is to activate a hidden admin user. Which is BS as i am already admin.

Re: Windows 7 all the way! 14 years, 9 months ago #8404

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
VoGon wrote:
Never had it, you are saving on a folder you previously had? If so, you might want to "take ownership" of all folders...

try saving a file to desktop

Re: Windows 7 all the way! 14 years, 9 months ago #8416

• VoGon
  • Official TWK Admin
I do it all the time... lol that is why its called desktop, you place it there then move them all to folders when its so crowded it doesnt make sense.

I never had the issue really, so that is why I'm curious as to what causes it. My first guess would be UAC, but with that being off then its not related.
DS : No worries. I've just tried to burn then microwave then shred my wow invite.

Re: Windows 7 all the way! 14 years, 9 months ago #8439

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
well then its really screwed if u dont have it and me and DS do :/

lots of people dont save to desktop..
maybe I should also make it clear: it does not happen with every file. And i do not mean extensions, i mean sometimes i get a prompt when saving .exe and sometimes i dont. Will ave to use a little longer to see the connection

Re: Windows 7 all the way! 14 years, 9 months ago #8446

I know this probably wont help but beening running 7 since it was fully relased to MSDN subscribers and I have never had an issue and my winsxs is only 5.88 GB

Re: Windows 7 all the way! 14 years, 9 months ago #8451

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
What AV do you use?

I use ESET and tonight it intefered with an a simple installation - I love ESET as it does the job and isn't in your face, but I wouldn't be suprised if it could be involved in this desktop thingy. Tonight it was locking and checking files as they installed and stopped the installing program itself from accessing said files.

EDIT: Just checked a previous post and I think you do use ESET. I know what my money is on ...
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: Windows 7 all the way! 14 years, 9 months ago #8456

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
yeh i do use it, and I have been thinking it was doing some strange things but then on the network side.

DS: can you try to upload something to megaupload.com? What happens here is it reports a file being uploaded in mere seconds (doesnt matter how big the file is, 4mb or 4 GB) And then the uploading fails ofcourse coz it wasnt uploaded. Interestingly even netlimiter reports speeds that are impossible 1000 MBYTE/s on adsl2+.
In short: i cant upload anything coz all the programs report it as being uploaded the same instant while its still uploading (i see that if u go to control panel -> network -> etc)

Re: Windows 7 all the way! 14 years, 9 months ago #8458

• slaB
  • Administrator
I'm trying out Microsoft Security Essensiales, havent given me any problems yet And it scores pretty damn good on tests around the net.

Re: Windows 7 all the way! 14 years, 6 months ago #10614

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
winsxs on win7 is currently 7 GB here

Re: Windows 7 all the way! 14 years, 6 months ago #10617

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Antivirus??!? What the heck is that?!?!

Vogon can confirm... none of my machine has them installed...

And for those starting to rip hairs off, I do prefer what I have setup at home, I have a file share server where I store all that matters to me, photos, videos, mail and stuff, and run clamav there, redirect the "my documents" stuff to there, and also provides quite easy and fast migrations.

I know most people cannot afford to have a linux box powered up 24x7 like me.

Also, i'm a VERY carefull "user", I don't open unknow crap and mail crap (pps and stuff).

The only place I have that stupid thing called AV, is the laptop, cause I have to open visios, docs and xls from other dumb users, so I better wear a condom here, don't know where those docs been at

Gaming rigs and production rigs cannot have AV IMHO.

Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds