TOPIC: Minecraft

Like this thread on Facebook! Add this thread do Google Buzz

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 10 months ago #14873

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Tunes wrote:
BTW, no one to comment on my cannon?!

Haha

My son and I loved the video - very impressive That's one of the things I like about Minecraft - the open-ended, what else is possible nature.

(Although N thinks you are having canon envy from that picture of Vogon sat on one!!)

I've not had a lot of time to check out the update as was out last night and been at football today (my son, not me - I was too hung over).

I'm assuming to get the biomes you need to start a new world or does it 'update' any existing maps?

I'll try the portal later if I can find some of the right materials.
Please excuse my posts .. I try, often unwisely, to write in E-Prime :S
They're all dead. Everybody's dead, Dave.

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&background=random

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 10 months ago #14874

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Johannicus wrote:
[attachment=0:3ecm0ibc]<!-- ia0 javaw 2010-10-31 13-53-25-21.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:3ecm0ibc]

Very nice!

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&amp;background=random

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 10 months ago #14875

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
Johannicus wrote:
[attachment=0:389kwlo3]<!-- ia0 javaw 2010-10-31 13-53-25-21.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:389kwlo3]

Beware, dying there makes you loose all your precious items, so, you've been warned, there was another update today, I went there, puff, all lost.

Another weird thing, my map now show 0.0 mbytes... but plays.. weird

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 10 months ago #14876

• DreamState
  • Official TWK Admin
Tunes wrote:
Johannicus wrote:
[attachment=0:1ekk596p]<!-- ia0 javaw 2010-10-31 13-53-25-21.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:1ekk596p]

Beware, dying there makes you loose all your precious items, so, you've been warned, there was another update today, I went there, puff, all lost.

Another weird thing, my map now show 0.0 mbytes... but plays.. weird

A few people have the 0.0 mbytes bug - not sure why - guess when the map is other a specific size maybe as all mine show correctly?

The dropping items bug should be fixed in todays update? Surprised

I'm liking the new colour of the grass and trees although leaves no longer dissapear when you cut a tree which is a tad annoying .. hopefully fixed soon ... not that I get much of a look in with my son taking over all the time :D

My SoundCloud

http://www.twkgaming.com/hlstats/sig.php?player_id=4094&amp;background=random

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 10 months ago #14877

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
this beats your pyramid:
www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=68127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll be going into hell as soon as I make my portal... gotta find some obsidian first

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 10 months ago #14878

• AL Azif
  • Official TWK Admin
@che ken

just get some lava buckets and mold it it's easier and doesn't requier diamon mining picks

oh and i found this. so just a little tip

The lantern will serve as a permanent source of light. When the update occurs, ALL torches placed on the map, in the inventory or in a storage prior to the update will be converted to lanterns.

found it in the minepedia

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 10 months ago #14879

• liger
  • Official TWK Admin
so i guess we are all waiting utill you can build a pc within minecraft, and join a cs server from TWK?

THAT IS UNLESS:

Jobs creates apple within minecraft and does not make the same mistake, so microsoft never becomes a monoly

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 10 months ago #14880

• Johannicus
  • Official TWK Admin
  • Alice, What have you done?
liger wrote:
so i guess we are all waiting utill you can build a pc within minecraft, and join a cs server from TWK?

THAT IS UNLESS:

Jobs creates apple within minecraft and does not make the same mistake, so microsoft never becomes a monoly

If Apple is stupid enough to prevent other companies components in their machines then they will lose. They just recently made PC components compatible with their computers and guess what? Sales increased

I hope he includes electric stuff like train and lights..would be cool to have a almost endless energy source instead of coal..

ADMIN on the Minecraft server.

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 10 months ago #14881

• Che ken
  • Official TWK Admin
Johannicus wrote:
liger wrote:

THAT IS UNLESS:

If Apple is stupid enough to prevent other companies components in their machines then they will lose. They just recently made PC components compatible with their computers and guess what? Sales increased

I hope he includes electric stuff like train and lights..would be cool to have a almost endless energy source instead of coal..

You'd have to work towards it tho, like you'd have to go through the whole coal process to make the machines to create electricity.

Made my first trip into hell, entered into a very small, very crappy area that held nothing but the basic 'hell dirt' so dissapointed so far. Left hell to found a new home and am going to go exploring. Marking my way in this new area by making LOTR style beacons

Ler's hope my next portal sends me somewhere a bit better this time!

AL Azif wrote:
@che ken

just get some lava buckets and mold it it's easier and doesn't requier diamon mining picks

You mean the whol lava bucket + water = lava spring becomes obsidian? Still need a diamond pick for it don't you?

EDIT: Nevermind get what you mean, meh that way just doesn't seem right to me Gotta work hard to get your new update I say!

Re: Minecraft 13 years, 10 months ago #14882

• Tunes
  • Official TWK Admin
DreamState wrote:
Tunes wrote:
BTW, no one to comment on my cannon?!

Haha

My son and I loved the video - very impressive That's one of the things I like about Minecraft - the open-ended, what else is possible nature.

(Although N thinks you are having canon envy from that picture of Vogon sat on one!!)

I've not had a lot of time to check out the update as was out last night and been at football today (my son, not me - I was too hung over).

I'm assuming to get the biomes you need to start a new world or does it 'update' any existing maps?

I'll try the portal later if I can find some of the right materials.

Haven't thought about that photo with vogon over compensating on the cannon

Biomes work in old saves, just have to travel to regen new map zones.

Moderators: Chifilly, VooDoo, iMattR
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds